JellyPages.com

Sunday 22 September 2019

Wellness to The Future

The first thing to overcome a problem is to acknowledge it.

I've been ignoring it for a good part of my life, but earlier this year I finally decided to address it myself. I was fat, overweight and unhealthy.

That was the start, me acknowledging that it is a problem. a really big one at that. It made me want to change.

I gave a lot of thought about what I want to do, and what I want to become in the future. It made me shudder thinking about doing all the stuff I wanted, while still being unfit and unhealthy.

Deep in my thoughts, I didn't want a future where I was big, unhealthy and unreliable.  I don't want the diseases that comes with it. I don't want the negative notions that comes with being fat and unfit. I don't like having low self-esteem. 

How would I survive the daily rush of work and assignments in the future? How would I care for my parents when they're old? How would I pursue my dreams? How would I care for my future wife and kids?

How would I do all this if I myself is unhealthy and sick?

Enough is enough. It's time for a change.

And change I did. I changed my lifestyle a tonne. I started working out. I eat less. A lot less. I'm now crazy about calorie counts too.

It worked! It didn't show that much at first but within 3 months of the change I've dropped 10kg.

I do have days that I slip into what I call 'cheat' mode, where I eat a lot. The difference is now it is more controlled and if it does happen, I try my best to work it off.

Do pray for my continuous dedication to this cause. It's the hardest part. I've tried losing weight several times in the past and those attempts fail due to not being consistent and not having a firm resolution to improve my health.


**I think having a huge crush on someone helps too. It's my first in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment