JellyPages.com

Thursday 13 August 2015

Goodbyes Are Not Forever

Assalamualaikum,

I blinked my eyes several times, still trying hard to believe what I had just heard. The news shocked me. Only several days after our Graduation Day from the MADPP program, namelists were released by the higher ups. Namelists that listed the students who are going to fly off to the United States early. It shook me. It made me realise that this MADPP program that I've been through up untill today*the day I wrote this* is gonna end soon. I cried yesterday evening before we sent off Alya*One of my classmates. Knowing that we don't have much time left together, I spent the last week alot mingling with Ridzwan and Amar. Among my good friends here in KKTM Ledang, those two are going to fly the earliest on the 24th of August.

Ridzwan, I actually met him long before the MADPP program. It was at last year's Chess MSSM, a National level chess competition, in Kuching that we met. Back then he was the captain of Pahang's U18 Boys Team while I was his counterpart of Melaka's. We played against each other in the First round, which he very luckily won xD. It's like a tradition for chess players to remember those who had beaten them before. What surprised me was when I knew he was also a MRSM student, MRSM Muazam Shah to be precise. MRSM students have a knack to hang around each other when they meet at a big event. Some people call it fate, others call it Destiny. We met again early this year as college mates, and have been good friends since then :).

Ridzwan(left), Amar(right)

Amar, I first knew him as the roommate of my best friend, Alif. I spent alot of time in Alif's room and slowly I got to know him. At first, I was kinda reluctant to befriend him because he looked like a really alim person. Then one day we played FIFA against each other and everything changed xD. That time he beat me 5-0 hha. A game I'll always remember. And since he is Alif's roommate, I hang around him alot too. He also helped me with my maths whenever I have any problems with it. But the best thing about Amar is because it's really easy for me to get along with him. He likes to joke around, quite a funny guy actually. He's a book that you should never judge by its cover haha. At first he looked quiet and seem like to keep more to himself but when you got to know him well, he's actually a cool guy to hang around with.

It was sad. My thoughts were that I won't be able to meet them again after this but actually, Goodbyes Are Never Forever. There's more names in the namelist. Even Alif is going to fly early. If we are really their friends, we should be happy for them. It's a gigantic leap forward for each and everyone of them that are going to The United States early. Instead of faltering and being sad, we should push ourselves. This particular event, should be made into motivation. One sole motivation that could push us thoroughly untill we to reach what we aim for*As for MADPP students, the United States of course*.

We should be striving hard instead so that once each of us have become successful people, we can meet up and share our adventures with each other. I'm sure there will be a hell lot of stories we could share late in the future. We wouldn't want to meet up under bad conditions would we? So keep trying hard. To those who are gonna fly early, take care of yourselves over there and do wait for all of us to follow up okay. To those who're repeating the TOEFL, you guys need to stay strong. Stay focused on your goals. All of you can do it, I believe in you.

Remember that goodbyes are temporary. Eventhough we're living and continuing our lives in different places, We are still living under the same sky. Therefore MADPP students, lets do our best and strive for a better future. Don't falter, don't give up, stay strong and chin up. I believe, our generation will change the world for the better.


We'll meet again someday :)







 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Adlan, this is the first time reading your blog. So far it's great, really great.

    Even now, I miss them dearly as well Adlan, nak nangis gak, haha😅 .

    ReplyDelete